CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Our life's purpose- "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down ad when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Lazy, Fun Family Sunday Afternoon at the Park

Many of you know the song by Craig Morgan (a country artist), 'What I Love About Sundays'. Today, our family had a close to perfect (relaxing) Sunday. Our family has been on the go for the past several months every weekday and weekend. It was nice to dress slouchy and to whatever we wanted.

I actually got to participate in worship this morning with Kenny, then we had a wonderful, relaxing afternoon. Kenny has not been able to attend worship much since March because of Johnston's house arrest. It was absolutely wonderful getting to sit with him during church. This afternoon I took a nap with Kamryn (which was much needed after kids camp-the bunks were not as comfy as I remember when I was younger), I clipped coupons (my personal favorite), we had a picnic, took the kids to the park, bath time and tucked our sweet little ones into bed.

This might not sound all that amazing, but to us, we had a great time. My biggest thing with my kids is to make slouchy, fun family days every so often, no matter their age so they will have the memories of loving parents.

Enjoy the pictures!












0 comments:

Post a Comment